The UK womb transplant research team has brought together over 20 people from a wide variety of medical specialities from seven different hospitals.
The current UK team members are as follows:
Leading the team are Professor Richard Smith, Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust in London and Honorary Consultant Transplant surgeon at Oxford Churchill Hospital and Miss Isabel Quiroga, Consultant in Transplantation and Endocrine Surgery at The Churchill Hospital, Oxford and Honorary Consultant in Gynaecological surgery at Hammersmith Hospital, London.
Mr Benjamin Jones, Gynaecologist, Imperial College Healthcare, London and honorary registrar in transplantation surgery, Oxford Churchill Hospital
Mr Venkatesha Udupa, Consultant Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgeon, Churchill Hospital, Oxford and Honorary Consultant in Gynaecological surgery at Hammersmith Hospital, London.
Mr Srdjan Saso, Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon, Imperial College Healthcare
Dr Saaliha Vali, PhD Fellow – Gynaecologist at Imperial College Healthcare and honorary clinical fellow in transplant surgery, Oxford Churchill Hospital
The multidisciplinary team includes:
- Ms Andrea Devaney Clinical Transplant Pharmacist, Oxford Transplant Unit.
- Claire Snelgrove Transplant Nurse, Churchill Hospital, Oxford
- Nicki Hayward, Living Donor Specialist Nurse, Churchill Hospital Oxford
- Dr Peter Dimitrov, Consultant Anaesthetist, Churchill Hospital, Oxford
- Dr Adris Klucniks, Consultant Anaesthetist, Churchill Hospital Oxford
- Dr Martin Barnardo, Director of the Transplant Immunology Laboratory, Churchill Hospital, Oxford
- Dr Katie Jeffery, Consultant Virologist, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Dr Yau Thum, Consultant IVF specialist at The Lister Hospital in Chelsea
- Professor Sadaf Ghaem - Maghami Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon, Imperial College Healthcare.
- Professor Jay Chatterjee, Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford.
- Mr Ahmad Sayasneh Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon St Thomas’s Hospital, London.
- Dr Cesar Diaz-Garcia Consultant IVF Specialist, IVI London.
- Miss Bryony Jones. Consultant Obstetrician Queen Charlotte’s Hospital
- Ms Maria Jalbrant Clinical Psychologist, Sloane Court Clinic
- Dr Baljeet Kaur Consultant Histopathologist Imperial College Healthcare
- Dr Candice Roufosse Consultant Histopathologist Imperial College Healthcare
- Dr Victoria Stewart Consultant Radiologist Imperial College Healthcare
- Dr Nishat Bharwani Consultant Radiologist Imperial College Healthcare
- The doctors and specialists are supported by Consultant Anaesthetists and Specialist Nurses at each location in London and Oxford
- Miss Dena Kellman Womb Transplant UK Charity Chief Administrator
We are privileged and honoured that Baroness Caroline Cox has agreed to be a patron of Womb Transplant UK. Find out more about her and her humanitarian work.Read More
Our work would be impossible without the time and effort of our trustees. Find out about Womb Transplant UK’s trustees and the work they have done to date.Read More
Our advisory board includes over a dozen members including medical specialists, communication specialists and experts in business. Find out who they are and about the work they do.Read More
Professor J. Richard Smith MD FRCOG
Professor Richard J Smith leads our UK research team and is a Womb Transplant UK trustee and member of the advisory board. Find out more about his background and work.Read More
Miss Isabel Quiroga, FRCS, D.Phil.
In collaboration with Professor Richard Smith and his gynaecology colleagues at Imperial College, London, she has established the first uterus transplant programme in the UK.Read More
Mr Benjamin Jones MBChB, BSc (Hons), MRCOG
Dr Benjamin Jones is the full time clinical research fellow at Womb Transplant UK. Find out more about his research into Uterine Transplantation and his other work.Read More
Mr Srdjan Saso BSc MRCS PhD
Srdjan Saso is a Womb Transplant UK Trustee and valuable member of our advisory board. Find out more about his previous work and research in this area.Read More